Zealous Advocate For Those Who Have Lost A Loved One
As a family member, you have the right to seek justice for the loved one you lost at the hands of a negligent or reckless third party. I understand the challenging times you are experiencing at all levels of your life. Therefore, you deserve to have a reliable and compassionate legal ally to help you fight and protect your rights.
I am attorney Bryan R. Armstrong, and I dedicate my practice to upholding the rights of my personal injury clients and family members. There are processes to carry out and interests to protect. From my firm, , in Louisville, I will strive to represent your best interests and help you put your life back on track regarding the legal aspects that follow.
What To Expect From The Legal Process
In Kentucky, the deceased person’s estate administrator or executor – also called a personal representative – is the individual in charge of pursuing legal action on the victim’s behalf. Such a representative can also be court-appointed.
If the lawsuit is successful and the court awards damages, they will also cover the following:
- Funeral expenses
- Attorney’s fees
- Any administrative cost incurred
According to the law, the estate and award in favor of the deceased individual should be distributed among family members in the following proportions:
- One half to the surviving spouse and one half to the surviving children
- The entire amount of damages and assets to the surviving spouse if there are no children. The same case for children if there is not a surviving spouse
- A fraction of the damages and assets to the deceased’s parents, or the whole amount to the surviving father or mother, if there are no surviving children or spouse
- Other family members in case there are no surviving children, a spouse or parents
Throughout my years of experience as a lawyer, I have witnessed firsthand the struggle of losing a loved one, both emotionally and financially. Although no amount of money could repair your loss, it may be a source that could help you get back on your feet.
You Have A Free Initial Consultation
Contact me today to talk about your legal needs. Learn your rights and how I can help you. Call 502-225-1012 or fill out this confidential online form.